This page is meant to solve all the open small issues that are bogging our LUG down. Please add items to the list below, and/or volunteer for existing tasks. We desperately do need volunteers for these things, right now the LUG is only driven by a handful people who are overwhelmed. The goal of this page not to list grandiose projects (à la Freeducation). While such big projects are necessary to give our LUG a purpose, right now we have the problem that even the basic stuff needs urgent attention. Most of these tasks should be doable in an afternoon (such as drawing the plan to our meeting room), while the more complex should be doable in a week. So, volunteers, don't be scared! The problem is not the size of each individual task, but just that there are so many of them.
In the list below some of the more complex tasks refer to a page of their own where they are subdivided.
- Find ways to motivate more volunteers
- List of membership benefits
- Design of poster
- (Bi)monthly presentations
- email@example.com / shared phone line
- Cooperation with other associations
- Business cards
- Define clear responsibilities of committee members and others
- Server migration (ThierryCoutelier, AlainKnaff)
- Choice and installation of a new CMS
- Change add_member script to alert us by e-mail when a new member has registered
- Clean up our member administration scripts to make them more object-oriented so that they are easier to maintain
- Plan to our meeting room at LGL
- new improved Wiki: we want protection (users must register to write), read protection for certain pages (internal discussions of some LUG matters), and possibly to upload data such as photos, graphs, etc ===> probably Mediawiki is most suitable for this.