- 1 Linuxfest Organization 2007
- 2 IMPORTANT
- 3 Organized pricelist with prepared sheets to write down what has been sold.
Linuxfest Organization 2007
(For reference, link to LinuxFest 2006)
Same as in 2006 We have 4 Rooms:
- Tux Café - used as show room, selling stuff and drinks and to discuss.
- Class Room for the courses.
- Class Room for the installations
- Class Room for the LAN Party
- Date June 30th and July 01
- Time: Saturday 8:00 to late night, Sunday 10:00 to 19:00
- Location LGL (Lycée de Garçons) Luxembourg Limpertsberg
- ONT website  in the agenda: Try to add Linux Fest
Manpower during Fest
Please add your name here and say when you may come and what you want to do)
- AlexLoes : Saturday & Sunday: bring my AMD64 (if someone could help me carrying this) + Laptop, webcam
- AlainKnaff : All the time. Bring my laptop
- Bob Wiscourt
- Eric Dondelinger
- Thierry Coutelier
- Make poster (http://www.linux.lu/Fest2007/Posters). We have now possibility to print large (A0/A1) posters (in reasonable quantities) on the new plotter at the LGL.
- Hang it out in schools (prepare 4 weeks in advance, hang out 2 1/2 week in advance)
- Hang it out at work or elsewhere (only authorized places please.)
- Print as A5 (URL to be defined) and A6 (URL to be defined) flyer and distribute it (Clubs, Mailboxes, Shops ...)
- Create a WEB-banner and distribute/advertise it.
- Add the event to all calenders you know off.
- Post to all mailing lists.
- Prepare commercial advertisement.
- Prepare Press Release CpLinuxFest2007
- Coordinate release: Proposed Release Date (to be defined)
- Luxemburger Wort
- La Voix du Luxembourg
- Letzebuerger Revue
- Radio 100,7
- Buy add space in Telecran
- Sipress (?) ==> coordination publicites dans presse ecrite mpk.lu presse.lu
- Spiral (?)
- Linuxmagazin & Linuxuser & Easylinux (Linux NewMedia)
- Do we make contact cards? (Visitenkaart) (PascalSteichen: at least a generic one, without personal names would be great)
- [please complete if you have more ideas & contacts]
- Luxbox newsletter (cf. Eric Dondelinger - tried, but they accept submissions only from paying subscribers)
- Creating space on sendar, where photos of the Linuxfest could be downloaded. AFAIK our gallery doesn't work.
Press Release : - in French : CpLinuxFest2007 - in English :
Coordinate before sending. According to Pascal, PauloRibeiro is away. Who should coordinate?
Goodies / Freebies
- Use what we have.
- Kubuntu -> Thierry will check feasibility
- make price list
- print forms to note down sales and new memberships
Organized pricelist with prepared sheets to write down what has been sold.
"LAN Party" (actually, more of a demo for games...)
- Juri Chomé, Pit Wiscourt
- Get list of available native Linux games -> There are plenty of games in (K)ubuntu.
- Registration website: [registrations closed] or via [registrations closed]
- 2 game PCs should be enough
- Test in exact same configuration as being used at Fest (being careful about peripherals, such as USB mice too!)
- Organize games (2 weeks in advance)
- [complete this list please]
- kstars (Alex)
- ekiga (Alex, Alain K.) doesn't work due to firewall of RESTENA
Food & drinks
- Order soft drinks (Ets. Rossi in Dudelange)
- 3 boxes each of Coke, Vittel, Beer should be sufficient (1 week in advance)
- Order less ice-tea than 2005, we had leftovers! (one box of each type should be enough!)
- A few bottels of Beckerich, Viva
- Maybe some Rosport (Blue)
- Contact Transfair for
- Order Pizza in time to start at 14.00.
- Free (as in liberty) Beer: VoresOel (EricDondelinger)
- Eric will start this weekend (May 26/27)
- We should have a couple of CDs of various distributions to hand out. 2 of each kind should be largely enough
(most people actually have either already bought a version themselves, or buy one at our stand)
- Knoppix (possibly customized LiLux version, needs time (!), yes i think its too late now, but for next year we could think of it ...) -> cf. HURD :-)
- Plan for enough blank CDs in case we run out of one distro
- Ubuntu & Kubuntu: check when the official version may be shipped...
Everyone MAKE SURE YOU MARK YOUR ITEMS!
- Ethernet Cables
- Hubs / switches
- Spare keyboards
- Spare monitors
- Wi-Fi access point
- Demo computers
- "Dymo" labelling machine
- Our Goodies: I think that we should buy new goodies such as Mousepads, Baseballcaps.. with a Linux Logo. What do you think?
- Astronomy programs demo AlexLoes: As I am member of AAL, I will do it.
- Sun Ultra 30 running Debian
- Registration website : http://www.lilux.lu/events/llf or via http://www.lilux.lu/events/fest/2007/register.php?type=courses
- Course materials (Presentation(s), Handouts + CD )